The term ‘gentleman’s yacht’ evokes images of refinement and sophistication. Although often suggesting pre 1970s classic sailing yachts, the new era of luxury motor yachts allow gentlemen to entertain and socialise in heightened comfort, style and sophistication. Luxury superyachts yachts are popular with a host of actors, musicians and other successful gentlemen, such as Leonardo di Caprio, Jay Z, Simon Cowell, Tiger Woods and Johnny Depp.
We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 charter yachts that would appeal to the gentleman in you:
- The first gentleman’s superyacht on the list offers a fantastic array of water toys and tenders: M/Y FUSION, which can accommodate up to 12 guests in five cabins – each with ensuite services – offers waterskis, a donut, a Super Jet Kawasaki 700 and a Jet Ski RXP Sea Doo 255. That’s of course if you can find the energy to leave the huge sundeck or aft deck Jacuzzi. This beautiful boat perfectly combines play and relaxation to appeal to all gentlemen.
- If you like to keep up a fitness regime while at sea, here is one yacht with a great gym. The magnificent M/Y MOONRAKER is a Mangusta 165 superyacht. The well-equipped, ultra-modern on-board gymnasium offers a treadmill, a cross-trainer, weights, and a hammam/steam shower. However, it’s not all about workouts; film lovers are also well catered for with the lower-deck cinema room. This room boasts a 65-inch television and a deep wall-to-wall sofa, which can double up as a sleeping area for a ninth guest.
- Perhaps you prefer your yacht to have more of a workout than you, and if that’s the case, you’ll love this sporty yacht, M/Y DRAGON (41m), which cruises at 25 knots. The Palmer Johnson creation is the epitome of sleek and stylish modern design. The exterior styling alone exudes an aura of ‘boy’s toy;’ speaking of which, it has plenty of toys to enjoy your time at sea.
- A stylish new class of yacht has arrived on the scene: the M/Y MALTESE FALCON, which has a revolutionary sailing system whereby three self-standing and rotating masts host 15 sails. This superyacht is the epitome of style and class, but, above all, there is no chance of getting bored with the vast array of amenities on offer. There are several televisions of varying sizes and capabilities, such as 3D and surround sound, not to mention Wi-Fi access and an on-board gym. The selection of water sports equipment is also phenomenal.
- The M/Y CHRISTINA O has an amazing history that will fascinate discerning gentlemen: it is home to the famous bar where Sir Winston Churchill first met Jackie Kennedy and could namedrop numerous other celebrity guests, such as Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra. Despite retaining many photos and items from the days when her guests regularly featured in the news, she has been completely updated to modern standards, offering five-star facilities to rival that of the world’s top hotels. This classic gentleman’s superyacht has hosted many special events, including opera, on its hallowed decks.
As you can see, the gentleman’s yacht sets sail in all shapes and sizes: from the classically inspired, with a modern twist, to the downright rapid. Sleek and glamorous exteriors belie spacious interiors on each of these yachts, which can’t help but turn heads. These charter yachts are kept in pristine condition and are irresistible for leisurely cruising or affable socialising. As one of the ultimate symbols of luxury and extravagance, many discerning gentlemen choose to experience the ultimate in luxury lifestyle by chartering a crewed vessel from a luxury yacht charter company. Indulge your gentlemanly palate and charter a superyacht today.