NUVA MS6 is a unique Motor Sailer concept of reduced dimensions – 5,99 meters in length. It’s bold and innovative design stands out due to its polyvalence and easy handling. This new concept will allow you to discover and enjoy each of the facets of recreational boating.
The production of the NUVA MS6 will start shortly in Barcelona and the prototype was presented for the first time at the Palma Boat Show from the 28th of April to the 2nd of May of 2016.
1. Engineering, design and functionality of an innovative concept
The main goal has been to design a vessel that allows both amateur and advanced sailors to enjoy it in equal measure. Its reduced size and easy handling allows the enjoyment of the various modalities of nautic leisure: sailing, speed boating, anchoring and making the most of it’s spacious solarium.
The key in this project has been to Create a light, transportable, easy to rig boat while keeping it simple and manoeuvrable for a beginner.
Besides being unsinkable, the boat will allow you to anchor in minimum depths and hibernate without the need of a dock as the keel is retractable. With this our aim is to guarantee a great nautic experience in the sea and inland waters as you’ll have the freedom to easily switch from the engine to the sail depending of your needs.
Finally, we have focused on what is one of the most important aspects of boating: sharing our best moments with our most beloved. Our original extendable cockpit benches included in our NUVA MS6 Plus option provides a surprising beam in a boat of it’s length including a cabin where two persons can sleep comfortably.
2. Unique and distinguishing thanks to a vision and experience
The first motorized sailing beat of the range, the NUVA MS6, has been designed by a team of experts from Barcelona Yacht Design (BYD) applying innovative solutions and adapting to the vision of NUVA’s founder.
￼TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS – in process of validation: NUVA MS6
– Length overall (LOA): 6 . 5 7 m
– Hull length: 5.99 m
– Hull Beam: 2.47 m
– Maximum Beam MS6 Plus (extendable opt.): 3 . 3 5 m
– Draft on motor: 0.45 m
– Draft on sailer (fully retractable keel): 1 . 2 5 m
– Light Displacement (LDT): 1 3 5 0 k g
– Keel weight (inc. Bulb): 1 7 0 k g
– Sail area
o Mainsail: 16.8 m2
o Gennaker (opt.): 14.3 m2
– Mast Height (carbon): 8 . 8 m
– Recommended Power: 7 0 h p
– Cruising speed (on motor): 1 4 k n o t s
– CE Certification: cat C, 6 pax
– Naval Architect: BYDgroup
– Owner / Shipyard: Andrés Cárdenas / Nuva yachts